A Gallery of Fashion Detail from 1937
A typical couture detail of 1930’s vintage fashion
1. Be fashion wise – sequin flower, high neckline, slim sleeve, sweater-type bodice
2. Tea dancing pump: street- length skirt : Chanel bracelet.
3.Your figure will be outlined like a dressmaker’s dummy in this tubelike tunic.
4. You’ll see many variations of this Molyneux bandaged waistline, as with soutache.
5. Accents of Persian lamb on your coat – small collar, pockets.
6. Velvet beret, the profile type, jutting up and forward – this is a hat that is easy to wear!
7. The soft hat with side height for wear with many kinds of costumes – with no age limit.
8. A Hat with a plume; a string of golden hearts to wind around your wrist – for tea dancing.
9. Persian muff and fez, for your new black coat that has no fur !
Gallery of Fashion Detail – by Ruth Mary Packard / Copyright Glamourdaze 2010