Time travel back to 1930 Kyoto for a fashion show by women in Japan. AI enhanced using deep learning techniques.
Organised by women from the Young Women’s Christian Association of Japan.
The YCWA is a nongovernmental, nonprofit membership association. It has promoted women’s full and equal participation in society.
Footage provided by kind permission of the University of South Carolina. Movie Image Research Collection / MIRC.
AI Restored – Kyoto 1930 – Women in Japan
About the Film
AI Restoration Process
- The film was de-noised, and cleaned of flicker.
- It was Colorized using open source models of Deoldify, Deep exemplar-based video colorization and Photoshop.
- The frame rate increased from 24 fps to 96 fps using the Rife App.
- The next step was to upscale the footage to 4K resolution.
- The vocal recording was separated from original soundtrack using AI. Remastered with new ambiance and music.
Full Original Title and Description
YWCA Fashion Show–outtakes
Fox Movietone News Story 6-542. Kyoto (Japan).
Moving Image Research Collections. University of South Carolina.
You can read more on Deep Exemplar-based colorization.
That’s all ! © Glamourdaze