Create a 1940’s Hairstyle in 60 Seconds. Tia Semer of Glamour Daze shows you another neat
1940s hairstyle trick. How to do a hair roll in 60 seconds.
You can watch the
How to do a Hair Roll in 60 seconds video. 12 Steps to a 1940’s Hair Roll
1.You’ll need – a comb, pomade,4 bobby pins.
2.Section the hair where you want your roll to be.
3.The parted section can be rectangular or triangular
Comb the section through until smooth
5. Gently backcomb / tease the hair
6. Apply pomade / anti-frizz product
7. Slightly twist the ends, and loop this around your thumb.
8. Keeping your thumb in place, use the fingers of your opposite hand to toll the hair toward your scalp
9. Hold the roll in place and secure with two bobby pins
10. Smooth over with a comb
11. Insert remaining bobby pins, adding more if necessary, until your roll is secure against your scalp.
12. Accent the opposite side with a hair comb, if desired
The finished 1940’s hair roll look
That’s all !
Vintage 1940’s hairstyle Tutorials
1940’s Hairstyles You Can Do
You can learn so much more on the art of 1940’s hair-styling. We offer authentic
vintage 1940’s hairstyle tutorials – direct to your device. Learn the art of pin curls, vintage waves, victory rolls, bangs, the 1940’s up-do, 1940’s up-do with bands and so much more.