Clara Bow Makeup Tutorial – 1920’s Hollywood
A quirky no nonsense 1920s makeup video tutorial from Courtney Bes Green. I think this girl has really nailed the Clara Bow makeup and hair look.
She really resembles her at the finish. “I started by pin curling my hair – not especially neat – as Clara Bows hair is quite fluffy, and I used very small sections of 1 cm to 2 cm .”
- Prime and moisturize your skin.
- Thick coverage of foundation followed by skin concealer to get that pale skin look.
- Next Courtney uses a technique called ‘soaping the brow’ to conceal her eyebrows. [ there are other methods of wiping out your eyebrows on YouTube tutorials but Courtney’s method does seem very simple – she has a link in this video to another tutorial on how to do this]
- To create that 1920s Eye Makeup look – Courtney then uses dark brown eye shadow to go with her green eyes.
- Courtney then draws in new eyebrows – starting before her tear duct and extending way out beyond her natural brow end for that wide eyed 1920’s look.
- Mascara is then applied.
- Courtney then ‘contours’ her cheeks to get that small Clara Bow face look.
- Lipstick – Clara had small defined lips so it’s a cupid bow look for the lips. Courtney opts for a plum lip liner and lipstick.
- Finally – a MAC liquid liner to define and complete the brows. The hair is fluffed up and ….
- Voila – Clara Bow ! Well done Courtney!
Courtney finishes up by recreating the iconic 1920’s turban of Clara Bow.
All Images © Courtney bes green
That’s all !
Download direct to your phone, tablet or PC – gorgeous vintage makeup guides from the 1920’s and beyond.
Check out the History of 1920s makeup.
That’s all ! © Glamour Daze