The Top 10 most sarcastic Flapper slang words.
- Umbrella- young man any girl can borrow for the evening.
- Rock of Ages- any woman over 30 years of age.
- Face stretcher- old maid who tries to look young.
- Cellar Smeller- a young man who always turns up where there’s free liquor to be had.
- Corn Shredder- young man who dances on a girl’s feet.
- Being Edisoned- getting asked a lot of boring questions.
- Finale Hopper- a young man who arrives after everything is paid for.
- Mustard Plaster- unwelcome guy who sticks around.
- Potato- a young man shy of brains.
- Rug Hopper- young man who never takes a girl out. A parlor hound.
Sarcasm was high on the list for women in those emancipating days of the 1920s!
Check out our complete A to Z Flapper Slang Guide !