Image by For Luna
Vintage Life – The must have little magazine for vintage loving girls.
If you’re a woman who is convinced she’s a 1920s flapper, a 1930s starlet, a 1940s bombshell, a 1950’s pinup. In other wards if you suffer from that oddly perplexing yet mightily addictive condition known as vintage fixation and believe you were born in the wrong era – gosh – you even buy magazines that were printed 50 years ago to get the ‘latest fashion news’ – well then it is clearly serious – very serious.
There are many forms of treatment, but I’m going to suggest one which has no harmful side effects. It’s called Vintage Life – it’s a UK based magazine, a guide, a little friend that fits snugly in your bag to reassure you on a rainy day.
Here are just some reasons that Glamourdaze recommends Vintage Life.
- As already stated – Vintage Life Magazine is small – so it will fit nicely in your 1940s handbag.
- It’s colorful ! – packed to the brim with beautiful styles from glamorous fashion eras of the past.
- It’s educational ! – a great beauty, make-up and hair section in every issue. In the recent summer issue for example ; learn what to pack in your retro suitcase when going on holiday; create a flawless makeup look that doesn’t melt horribly off your face the moment you emerge in to the sun ; turn heads on the beach in that perfect vintage swimsuit !
Images – Suelanphotography and CJ Shutterspeed
- It’s tasty ! – oodles of naughty recipes – yummy cupcakes anyone? Banana Mama Milkshakes ? Caramel shortbread or Luxury seeded nut granola’s ?
- It’s eclectic ! – meet interesting women who lead alternative and glamorous lifestyles and run vintage clothing businesses – whilst looking glamorous at the same time !!
- It’s sociable – every issue has an ‘ Events’ page of up and coming vintage fashion fairs and festivals.
Images – Lekeuxevents and Restoration Cakes
It’s for shopaholics – packed with delicious links to buy clothes, furniture, crafts, lingerie and gifts.
The only improvement I would suggest is to see this mag become more international, especially in it’s ‘ event’ pages which are all UK based from what I can see. Though I could be wrong. But this is a minor thing. No matter where you abide, this little mag is a treat to get.
2 thoughts on “Vintage Life – A must have magazine for retro fashion lovers”
I am in the US and I have a subscription. You can buy individual issues or subscribe. I have been getting this magazine from it’s inception. I love it!
I SO wish I could get this magazine! Is it only available in the UK? I definitely suffer from “vintage fixation”, ha ha! ;)
Comments are closed.